Non Immigrant Visa

Non Immigrant Visa Attorney in San Jose

United States immigration law allows qualifying foreign nationals to choose from dozens of nonimmigrant visas. A nonimmigrant visa grants temporary stay in the U.S., and the category dictates the length of stay, the purpose of the stay, and more. Determining which nonimmigrant visa is right for you—and submitting a thorough, compelling application—can be an extraordinary challenge without professional assistance, which is why we urge you to get in touch with the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman.

Our San Jose nonimmigrant visa lawyer can work to have your visa processed quickly and easily. With over two decades of experience, Attorney Widman offers the insights and legal strategies you need to effectively navigate this process. Our firm offers initial consultations that allow Attorney Widman to review your situation, evaluate your visa eligibility, and discuss your options with you.

Call (408) 780-1684 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your case evaluation today.

What Is a Nonimmigrant Visa?

A nonimmigrant visa allows an individual to visit the United States to carry out specific activities, such as studying at a university, conducting business with other companies, working in a temporary capacity, and more. Nonimmigrants are required to depart the United States before the expiration of their authorized period of stay unless a request for change or extension of status is approved by the DHS.

To qualify for a nonimmigrant visa, you generally must demonstrate that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary, and you have a foreign residence that you do not intend to abandon.

There are many different kinds of nonimmigrant visas, such as:

Many countries that maintain close political and economic ties with the United States participate in the Visa Waiver Program. This program enables citizens of these countries to travel to the United States for business or tourist purposes for up to 90 days without having to obtain a nonimmigrant visa. If you are planning to come for another purpose or for a longer stay, however, you will most likely be required to obtain a visa.

For personalized, one-on-one attention from Attorney Widman, call (408) 780-1684 or reach out to us online. We can get started on your case right away!

  • “He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
  • “His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
  • “He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”