O-1 Individuals With Extraordinary Abilities
O-1 Visa Attorney in Cupertino
Representing Individuals with Extraordinary Abilities
An O-1 nonimmigrant visa is for individuals who have made outstanding contributions or possess distinguished skill in business, education, the sciences, the arts, or an athletic field. Their family members and essential personnel may be able to join them in the U.S. as well.
The O-1 category is divided into the following visas:
- O-1A: individuals with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, business, education, or athletics
- O-1B: individuals with extraordinary abilities in the arts or achievements in the motion picture/television industry
- O-2: the O-1 artist or athlete’s essential personnel at their events or performances
- O-3: the spouses and children of O-1/O-2 visa holders
The O-1 visa, however, is one of the most difficult visas to obtain. You must include substantial, compelling evidence that demonstrates your distinguished abilities, international recognition, and/or groundbreaking contributions to your field. At the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman, we assist individuals and businesses from all around the world, and our attorney has more than 20 years of experience helping clients navigate complex application processes.
Accessing the Benefits of the O-1 Visa
Individuals from all around the world undertake the O-1 visa application process because of its substantial benefits.
These benefits include:
- Up to three years of lawful status in the U.S.
- The ability to work for multiple employers or change employers during your stay (if each form of employment meets all qualifications)
- The ability to bring your essential personnel and family members with you to the United States
- The potential to extend your initial stay or adjust your status to lawful permanent residence
The O-1 visa is also quite flexible. Here is just a handful of the different types of contributors, artists, and performers who may qualify for an O-1 visa:
- Olympic athletes
- Circus performers
If you believe you may qualify for an O-1 visa, get in touch with the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman. We can assess your qualifications and achievements to determine whether this category may be right for you. If so, we will be more than happy to help you file a comprehensive, error-free, and compelling O-1 visa application. You deserve the chance to share your talents and extraordinary achievements with the world, and we have the skills needed to assist you.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”