Green Card Renewal

Green Card Renewal Attorney in Cupertino

Take Action Now - Call (408) 780-1684 for Legal Help

  • 20+ Years of Experience
  • Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
  • One-on-One Legal Service
  • Careful & Effective Advocacy
  • Highly Recommended by Former Clients
  • Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law

The green card, or Form I-551, is evidence of your status as a lawful permanent resident. Most green cards expire every ten years, meaning that you will have to apply for a new I-551 as long as you remain a permanent resident, until you take affirmative steps to become a U.S. citizen through naturalization. The expiration of your green card does not mean that your status as a permanent resident is expiring, unless you are a conditional resident required to file a petition to remove the conditions on your residence before the expiration of your conditional residence.

If your 10-year green card is set to expire within the next six months or has already expired, it is vital that you take immediate action to obtain a new one. You are required by law to carry your green card with you at all times, and if yours is expiring, a replacement should be sought. This is not only for the purpose of being able to show the card to immigration or law enforcement officials when required, but also so that you can provide proof of your eligibility to work and to receive federal public benefits.

Liabilities of a Lost or Expired Green Card

One of the most important reasons for you to submit your Form I-90 to replace your lost or expiring card is that it typically take several months after filing the application before you will receive the new card from USCIS. If you are applying for naturalization and your naturalization application was submitted within six months of the date of expiration of your green card, then you must renew your I-551. Addressing an expiring green card now can potentially save you a significant amount of time and difficulty down the road.

10/10 Superb Avvo Rating

Our Cupertino Immigration Lawyer Can Help You with Green Card Renewal

The immigration attorney from the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman can assist you in gathering the information for and preparing and filing the application to renew or replace your lost or expiring green card.

Contact the firm now at (408) 780-1684 to get the process started.

  • “He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
  • “His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
  • “He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”