Sunnyvale Family & Marriage Visas
Sunnyvale Family & Marriage Visas Attorneys
The United States has a diverse set of immigration laws that allow foreign citizens to permanently reside in the country. One of the most popular types of visas is the family-based visa. A family-based visa allows the spouse, parents, and children of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident to immigrate and live in the country.
Our family & marriage visas lawyer in Sunnyvale at Law Office of Timothy D. Widman can help you navigate the application process for you or your loved one. Reach out to our team to learn more.
Family-Based Visa Types
The two types of family-based visas are:
- Immediate Relative: To obtain permanent residency in the United States, a foreign citizen must secure an immigrant visa (IV) through sponsorship by an immediate relative. The sponsoring relative must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident aged 21 or older.
- Family Preference: These visas are designed for certain, less immediate family ties with a U.S. citizen and some defined relationships with a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). The annual allocation of immigrants in these categories is restricted.
There are many factors that go into determining whether someone will be eligible for a family-based visa. Our Sunnyvale family & marriage visas attorney can help you understand whether your family member will be eligible and help you through the application process.
What Are the Benefits of a Family-Based Visa?
The family-based visa offers many benefits to those who receive it, including:
- Permanent residency in the United States
- The ability to apply for U.S. citizenship
- Access to certain government benefits, such as Social Security and Medicaid
- Access to federal and state benefits, such as college tuition assistance and professional licensing
- The ability to sponsor relatives for visas
Our family & marriage visas lawyer in Sunnyvale can help you understand the benefits of the family-based visa and help you apply for it. We can also help you with any other immigration-related questions you may have.
Call (408) 780-1684 or contact Law Office of Timothy D. Widman online to schedule a consultation with our Sunnyvale family & marriage visas attorney.
Recipient of a 10/10 "Superb" Avvo Rating
Personalized Service Tailored to Each Client
Highly Recommended by Former Clients
Over 20 Years of Legal Experience