Non Immigrant Visa

Nonimmigrant Visa Attorney in Cupertino

United States immigration law allows qualifying foreign nationals to choose from dozens of nonimmigrant visas. A nonimmigrant visa grants temporary stay in the U.S., and the category dictates the length of stay, the purpose of the stay, and more. Determining which nonimmigrant visa is right for you—and submitting a thorough, compelling application—can be an extraordinary challenge without professional assistance, which is why we urge you to get in touch with the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman.

Our Cupertino nonimmigrant visa lawyer can work to have your visa processed quickly and easily. With over two decades of experience, Attorney Widman offers the insights and legal strategies you need to effectively navigate this process. Our firm offers initial consultations that allow Attorney Widman to review your situation, evaluate your visa eligibility, and discuss your options with you.

Call (408) 780-1684 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your case evaluation today.

What Is a Nonimmigrant Visa?

A nonimmigrant visa allows an individual to visit the United States to carry out specific activities, such as studying at a university, conducting business with other companies, working in a temporary capacity, and more. Nonimmigrants are required to depart the United States before the expiration of their authorized period of stay unless a request for change or extension of status is approved by the DHS.

To qualify for a nonimmigrant visa, you generally must demonstrate that your stay in the U.S. will be temporary, and you have a foreign residence that you do not intend to abandon.

There are many different kinds of nonimmigrant visas, such as:

Many countries that maintain close political and economic ties with the United States participate in the Visa Waiver Program. This program enables citizens of these countries to travel to the United States for business or tourist purposes for up to 90 days without having to obtain a nonimmigrant visa. If you are planning to come for another purpose or for a longer stay, however, you will most likely be required to obtain a visa.

For personalized, one-on-one attention from Attorney Widman, call (408) 780-1684 or reach out to us online. We can get started on your case right away!

Clients Tell their Stories

  • He guides you through everything and makes everything straightforward [as to] what is needed and what is required.

    “Excellent service [,] he'll help you [from] day one all the way until your case is complete. He guides you through everything and makes everything straightforward [as to] what is needed and what is ...”

  • I honestly could not have done it without you. I appreciate the time you gave me.

    “Where do I begin?! THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much for all your advice and assistance. I am not sure if you realize how much you helped me during the months of November-January. I honestly could not ...”

  • I very much appreciate your guidance as does everyone in the office.

    “I want to express my sincere appreciation for your efforts and help with [name redacted]'s situation. Thank you for helping [name of organization redacted]. I very much appreciate your guidance as ...”

  • Thanks to Mr. Widman I now have the opportunity to do the things I could not have done before and I am very excited about that.

    “I found Mr. Widman through a website that had many other lawyers around my area. I decided to contact him because he had excellent reviews. I was applying for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals ...”

  • We thank our lucky stars that we had this attorney to work with and to guide us through the intimidating process of adjustment to permanent residency.

    “My wife and I had a 100% positive experience working with our attorney, Tim Widman, who was very supportive and motivational during the process of filing the I-485, application to adjust for permanent ...”


Results that Speak for Themselves

  • Contributed numerous hours of pro bono services to local, community-based organizations
  • Persuaded U.S. Department of State to withdraw its finding of inadmissibility
  • Persuaded USCIS to retract notice of rescission of adjustment of status and to approve related citizenship application
  • Secured certification of helpfulness to law enforcement for U visa petitioner
  • Secured multiple grants of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Secured post-conviction relief in state court which became basis for successfully terminating removal proceedings.
  • Successfully moved to reopen (Form I-290B) USCIS denial of application of Form I-485
  • Successfully obtained approval of employment-based adjustment of status application under AC21
  • Successfully obtained H-1B petition approval for change of employer and extension of status under AC21
  • Successfully obtained I-601 waivers of inadmissibility

Put 20 Years of Experience to Work for Your Case

Contact Us Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.