NOTICE:We remain committed to protecting our clients during the COVID-19 crisis. Our law firm is open and available to assist new and existing clients. Please call us today to schedule a phone or video consultation with our attorney. 
Call Today 408.780.1684

Apply for a K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa in Cupertino

Are you hoping to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States? As a citizen of the United States, you may be able to sponsor your fiancé(e), who is a foreign national, for a visa to enter the United States, marry and then apply to adjust his or her status to that of a lawful permanent resident. If your petition is approved, your fiancé(e) may apply for a K-1 visa from a U.S. consular post. Contact the office today for legal assistance from an experienced attorney who can help guide you through this process.

There are several steps that must be taken before your fiancé(e) can obtain a K-1 visa. These require an in-depth understanding of the law and regulations as interpreted by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of State (DOS). At The Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman, the Cupertino immigration attorney can walk you through each step of the K-1 visa application process. Call the office or fill out the corresponding form to schedule an initial consultation and get started on your case.

What are the eligibility requirements?

Generally speaking, every petitioner for a K-1 fiancé(e) visa must prove that they:

  • Are a citizen of the United States
  • Intend to marry within 90 days of their fiancé(e) entering the county
  • Are able and free to marry, and their fiancé(e) is also able and free to marry
  • Met their fiancé(e) in person at least one time within two years of filing

After the visa is issued, your fiancé(e) will be able to enter the country as a K-1 nonimmigrant, and you and your fiancé(e) must marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)'s arrival in the United States. Once married, your new spouse can apply for permanent residence.

Experienced Representation Through the Process

The immigration lawyer serving San Jose, Mountain View, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Fremont, and all across the Bay Area has years of experience providing trustworthy services to those looking to bring their loved ones to the United States. The office can represent you competently and ethically throughout the petition process and guide you with sensitivity and compassion along the journey of obtaining a K-1 visa for your fiancé(e).