NOTICE:We remain committed to protecting our clients during the COVID-19 crisis. Our law firm is open and available to assist new and existing clients. Please call us today to schedule a phone or video consultation with our attorney. 
Call Today 408.780.1684

U.S. Visas

Help with Visas from an Immigration Attorney in Cupertino

In order for a non-citizen to legally enter the United States, he or she must obtain a U.S. visa. There are a wide variety of visas, so you will need to determine which one fits your particular circumstances and reasons for wanting to enter the U.S. There are two types of visas: immigrant and nonimmigrant. Immigrant visas are for individuals who seek lawful, permanent residence in the U.S., while a nonimmigrant visa allows an individual to reside in the U.S. for a temporary period.

To apply for a visa, you will need to complete the necessary paperwork and meet eligibility requirements. Our immigration firm in Cupertino, CA can help you determine which Visa is right for you, and help you prepare your application. We can help you obtain the following types of visas and more:

Common Nonimmigrant Visas

  • The B-1 Visa allows temporary stay for individuals seeking entry to the U.S. for business-related reasons.
  • An H-1B Visa is similar, but it applies to individuals seeking entry to the U.S. to perform duties related to a “specialty occupation.”
  • A TN NAFTA Professional Visa grants citizens of Canada and Mexico entrance to the U.S. to perform prearranged business activities.
  • If a foreign company wants to transfer an employee in a managerial position to a U.S. office, that employee will need to obtain an L-1 Intracompany Transferee Visa.
  • Individuals who were a victim of a crime that occurred in the U.S. and can assist law enforcement with detaining the criminal may be granted a U Visa.
  • Individuals with exceptional skill in a particular field may apply for an O-1 Visa.

Common Immigrant Visas

  • Humanitarian Visas may be granted to individuals for the sake of providing refuge or rescue from harsh or cruel circumstances in his or her own country.
  • A K-1 Fiancé Visa is designated for individuals intending to marry a U.S. citizen within 90 days of entering the country.
  • The spouse and/or other family members of a U.S. Citizen may be eligible for immigrant visas.

Applying for a visa is not a simple task. By hiring an experienced immigration attorney to guide you through the process, you will increase your chances of success. Attorney Timothy D. Widman has over 20 years of experience advocating for individuals seeking permanent or temporary residence in the U.S.

Call today at (408) 780-1684 or submit our online contact form to schedule your free, 30-minute initial consultation. We will get back to you within 24 hours.