Naturalization & Citizenship
Naturalization & Citizenship Attorney
Help to Become a United States Citizen - (408) 780-1684
Living in the United States as a temporary resident, permanent resident, refugee, or any other category of non-citizen may be only the beginning of your time here. After spending the requisite number of years here, you may wish to pursue citizenship and all of its benefits and officially become an American. An experienced attorney can help you successfully navigate the grueling legal process. You will not find a more dedicated attorney than Timothy D. Widman. Mr. Widman's legal experience is coupled with a work ethic that doesn't stop until your case is resolved.
Why Choose Our San Jose Immigration Attorney?
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- One-on-One Legal Service
- Careful & Effective Advocacy
- Highly Recommended by Former Clients
- Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law
Don't face this complex process alone! Call Attorney Timothy Widman's office at (408) 780-1684 today to schedule a consultation.
Pursuing Citizenship in Northern California
Our San Jose immigration Attorney Widman has served many clients in your exact situation, and he is more than prepared to help you do everything possible to work toward becoming a citizen of the United States. Our team knows how daunting and complicated the immigration process can get, and we aim to do everything in our power to make it easier for you. With our experienced legal counsel and careful attention to detail on your side, you will have a decided advantage in the process of applying for U.S. citizenship.
There are a few qualifications you must meet in order to begin the naturalization process:
- You must have lived in the United States continually for at least 5 years and been physically present during the majority of that time (except in special circumstances allowing naturalization after only 3 years of continuous residence)
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must demonstrate the ability to speak, read, and write in English
- You must pass an exam on United States history and government
- You must take what is known as an “oath of allegiance”
- You must provide evidence that you are a person of good moral character
Get Trusted Legal Help for Each Step
Since being admitted to the California Bar in 1997, Attorney Widman has filed literally thousands of immigration petitions and applications for corporate and individual clients in business immigration, family immigration, and citizenship matters. He has an A+ rating with the BBB® and he is actively involved in several different memberships, including the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Santa Clara County Bar Association.
Call (408) 780-1684 to speak to a member of our team or contact us online to schedule your consultation today.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”