San Jose Immigration Attorney
Assisting Individuals, Families, and Businesses in Santa Clara County
If you are thinking of coming to the United States from another country or trying to adjust your immigration status while you are in the U.S., you are going to need a knowledgeable immigration lawyer by your side. U.S. immigration law is very complex, so it is best to work with a seasoned legal professional who can guide you through each step of the process.
The Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman provides its clients with a San Jose immigration lawyer who has more than 20 years of experience. Attorney Timothy Widman is equipped to provide top-quality legal assistance to both individuals and businesses dealing with various types of immigration-related challenges.
We Handle A Variety of Complex Immigration Matters
With more than 20 years of experience in immigration law, The Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman can handle a broad spectrum of immigration cases for individuals, families, and businesses.
We can assist you with:
- Adjustment of Status
- Business Immigration
- PERM Labor Certification
- Consular Processing
- Family Immigration
- Green Cards
- Hardship Waivers
- Naturalization and Citizenship
- Representation at USCIS Interviews
- Visas (Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas), and and more
Whether clients need help collecting the appropriate documentation for their applications or they need representation at their USCIS interviews, our attorney is ready to get involved. We also assist corporations that want to ensure they are taking the proper steps in transferring employees to offices in the United States. Attorney Widman has valuable experience as a former Immigration Specialist for the Human Resources Department of Seagate Technology, and this role has provided him with the in-depth knowledge you need.
Contact us today for a consultation This first meeting allows the attorney to find out more about your particular needs and allows us to provide general information about the most beneficial solutions. No matter what challenge you bring to our firm, we want you to know that you don't have to navigate the complex U.S. immigration process alone.
What is the Deportation Process?
If you have been served with a Notice to Appear (NTA) from ICE, it means that the deportation process has begun. What happens afterward can be confusing, so below, we will do a quick overview of the process. If you need more guidance, reach out to our firm today to speak with a San Jose deportation lawyer.
The removal process:
- You receive an NTA.
- You must attend the master calendar hearing. You will be asked if you need to acquire a deportation defense attorney. If you do not get a lawyer and you are eligible, you may apply for relief from removal by yourself. If you are not eligible for relief, you will get deported. It is wise to have an attorney by your side.
- Attend an individual hearing. Here, you will have the opportunity to give testimony to prove why you should not be removed from the U.S. At this stage in the process, it is essential to have an attorney with you to help illustrate and argue your side of the matter.
- The immigration judge will make a decision. If they decide to remove you, you have 30 days from the decision to appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA).
Consult a Trusted San Jose Lawyer With Over 20 Years of Experience
Have another complex matter? In addition to immigration law, we also offer general litigation services. We help clients in Santa Clara county with a wide range of matters.
We also provide general litigation services for:
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Cases
- Employment Litigation (e.g. minimum wage violations and unpaid overtime)
- Contractual Litigation (e.g. breach of contract and other disputes)
- Corporate Business Law Matters (e.g. homeowners and condominium association law)
Call (408) 780-1684 or get in touch with us to learn more about how we can assist with your legal matter.