Visa Attorney in Cupertino

Helping Clients Obtain Immigrant & Nonimmigrant Visas

To come to the United States and stay either temporarily or permanently, you must obtain a U.S. visa. There are two types of visas: immigrant and nonimmigrant. Immigrant visas are for individuals who seek permanent residence in the U.S., while a nonimmigrant visa allows an individual to reside in the U.S. temporarily.

To apply for a visa, you will need to meet several requirements, complete the necessary paperwork, and go through consular processing abroad. The Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman can help you determine which visa is right for you and prepare your application. Our attorney personally handles each case from beginning to end, taking the time to answer questions and responding in a timely manner to all calls and emails.

Call (408) 780-1684 or contact us online for highly skilled visa services and compassionate support.

Which Nonimmigrant Visa is Right for You?

Nonimmigrant visas vary in purpose, length of stay, requirements, and more. Some of them are renewable, even allowing you to change to a different type of nonimmigrant status or adjust your status to permanent residence.

Some of the most common nonimmigrant visas include:

  • The H-1B Visa: reserved for individuals who are coming to the U.S. to complete professional work that requires at least the equivalent education of an American bachelor's degree.
  • A TN NAFTA Professional Visa: grants citizens of Canada and Mexico entrance to the U.S. to perform prearranged business activities.
  • An L-1A Visa: allows a foreign company to transfer an employee in a managerial position to one of their U.S. offices.
  • An O-1 Visa: allows individuals with extraordinary skills or achievements in a particular field to stay in the United States temporarily.
  • The K-1 Fiancé(e) Visa: allows the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to come to the U.S., get married within 90 days, and adjust their status to permanent residence.

Our attorney can work closely with you to assess your goals, analyze your qualifications, and determine the best possible way for you to obtain temporary status in the United States.

What Is an Immigrant Visa?

If you are looking to become a lawful permanent resident but you are not yet in the United States, you will need to obtain an immigrant visa through consular processing abroad. Once you obtain your immigrant visa, you can present it at a U.S. port of entry, and a CBP officer will make the final decision as to whether you can enter the United States. If you complete this inspection process, USCIS will send you your green card, which signifies your lawful permanent residence. Learn more about how to qualify for permanent residence here.

Begin Your Visa Application Process Today

Applying for a visa is not a simple task. By hiring an experienced immigration attorney to guide you through the process, you will increase your chances of success. Attorney Timothy D. Widman has more than 20 years of experience helping individuals obtain permanent or temporary residence in the United States, and he looks forward to putting this experience to work for you.

Call (408) 780-1684 or submit our online contact form to begin your journey today.

  • “He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
  • “His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
  • “He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”