USCIS Appeals

San Jose Immigration Appeals Attorney

If your application or petition for an immigration benefit has been denied by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you may have the opportunity to appeal to the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) or seek reconsideration or reopening of the denial by the USCIS office which issued the denial. When you’re ready to challenge such a decision, trust Law Office of Timothy D. Widman to help. With over 20 years of experience, our attorney can represent you. He can help gather the correct evidence and build a proper argument for your stay in the U.S.

For help with immigration appeals in San Jose, schedule a consultation with us online.

I-290B Motion to Reopen or Reconsider

When USCIS makes an unfavorable decision on your case, you may be able to appeal using the I-290B form. This may allow your case to be reopened, reconsidered, or both.

There is a difference between the two actions. Reopening a case happens when new facts supported by documentary evidence are presented which demonstrate eligibility at the time of filing the application or petition.

For USCIS to reconsider the case, you must prove that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or policy and that the evidence submitted with the underlying application or petition required USCIS to approve your case.

Normally you are allowed 30 days from the date of USCIS’s decision to file, and having a lawyer prepare and file your Form I-290B can increase your chances of successfully reversing USCIS’s denial.

As a skilled immigration lawyer, Mr. Widman has the experience to help guide you through an I-290B appeal. He can help make sure that the I-290B has a meritorious basis and that it is supported by citations to appropriate statutes, regulations, case law, and USCIS policy.

N-336 Request for Rehearing on Decision in Naturalization Proceedings

This form is used when your naturalization is denied. It allows your case to be reheard by a USCIS officer. To prevail on your N-336, you must be able to convince USCIS that its denial of your Form N-400 was incorrect and provide sufficient reasons for USCIS to approve your Form N-400.

You have 30 days after denial to file an N-336. If you’ve been denied naturalization, contact our firm today. We must work fast, and there is no time to waste. Our attorney can help you identify critical evidence for your N-336 and can develop the key legal arguments necessary for securing citizenship.

For help with immigration appeals in San Jose, contact Law Office of Timothy D. Widman online today, or call us at (408) 780-1684.

  • “He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
  • “His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
  • “He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”