Need Help Filing Form I-765?
Save Time & Money By Hiring a Lawyer to Help - (408) 780-1684
Form I-765 is for qualifying foreign nationals to apply for an employment authorization document (EAD). The USCIS charges a filing fee of $410 (or a $495 fee in cases involving DACA or compelling circumstances). When submitting this form, you can attach Form G-1145 to the front of the I-765 petition in order to request a text and/or email notification when the USCIS accepts your Form I-765.
You may need to file for an EAD if you:
- Are authorized to work on asylee, refugee, or U nonimmigrant status
- Have a pending green card application (Form I-485)
- Have a pending application for asylum or withholding of removal (Form I-589)
- Are in the U.S. on nonimmigrant status and need authorization to work (such as on a student visa)
You do NOT need to apply for work authorization if you:
- Are a lawful permanent resident / green card holder (Form I-551 Permanent Resident Card)
- Are on a nonimmigrant visa that already makes you eligible to work for a particular employer (such as an H-1B or P visa)
Mistakes That Could Get Your I-765 Petition Denied
Thousands of applications are denied by the USCIS every single year, and these denials are often due to simple errors that could have been avoided by the applicant, or even due to errors committed by immigration officials.
An attorney may be able to help you avoid common reasons for denial, such as:
- A criminal record
- Lack of certification of translation of a document in a foreign language
- Inconsistencies across your paperwork that can be perceived as deceit or fraud
- The USCIS lost documents or missed facts clearly stated in your application
Whatever the source of a mistake, an experienced immigration attorney can help you take the right steps to re-submit Form I-765 or to appeal the denial. Better yet, an attorney can help you from the very start of this legal process, helping you to get your Form I-765 accepted the first time around.
Make the Smart Choice.
Contact Attorney Widman Today!
Why Choose Our Immigration Attorney?
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- One-on-One Legal Service
- Careful & Effective Advocacy
- Highly Recommended by Former Clients
- Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law
Don't face this complex process alone! Call Attorney Timothy Widman's office at (408) 780-1684today to schedule a consultation.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”