Need Help Applying for a Green Card?
Save Time & Money By Hiring a Lawyer to Help - (408) 780-1684
To become a lawful permanent resident, you must complete and submit Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. The USCIS charges a filing fee that varies based on the circumstances of your filing (listed below).
The USCIS charges a filing fee of:
- $1,225 for applicants ages 14 to 78
- $1,140 for applicants younger than 14 who aren't filing with at least one parent's form
- $1,140 for applicants 79 years and older
- $750 for applicants 13 years old and younger who are filing with at least one parent's form
- $0 for applicants filing under refugee status
Mistakes That Could Get Your I-485 Petition Denied
Thousands of applications are denied by the USCIS every single year, and these denials are often due to simple errors that could have been avoided by the applicant, or even due to errors committed by immigration officials.
An attorney may be able to help you avoid common reasons for denial, such as:
- An expired passport
- An overstayed visa or illegal entry into the U.S. on your record
- Inconsistencies across your paperwork that can be perceived as deceit or fraud
- Failure to provide proof that you have a reason to return to your native country
- Failure to prove that you can support yourself financially
- The USCIS lost documents or missed facts clearly stated in your application
Whatever the source of a mistake, an experienced immigration attorney can help you take the right steps to re-submit Form I-485 or to appeal the denial. Better yet, an attorney can help you from the very start of this legal process, helping you to get your Form I-485 accepted the first time around.
Make the Smart Choice.
Contact Attorney Widman Today!
Why Choose Our Immigration Attorney?
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- One-on-One Legal Service
- Careful & Effective Advocacy
- Highly Recommended by Former Clients
- Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law
Don't face this complex process alone! Call Attorney Timothy Widman's office at (408) 780-1684today to schedule a consultation.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”