Need Help Filing Form I-140?
Save Time & Money By Hiring a Lawyer to Help - (408) 780-1684
The Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (Form I-140) is for employer sponsors seeking to establish the eligibility of a foreign worker for a visa and legal permanent residency in the United States. The USCIS charges a filing fee of $700. When submitting this form, you can attach Form G-1145 to the front of the I-140 petition in order to request a text and/or email notification when the USCIS accepts your Form I-140.
A foreign national does not need an employer sponsor to file an I-140 petition if the foreign national qualifies for an:
- EB-1A Visa - Alien of Extraordinary Ability
- EB-2 Visa - National Interest Waiver
Mistakes That Could Get Your I-140 Application Denied
Thousands of visa applications are denied by the USCIS every single year, and these denials are often due to simple errors that could have been avoided by the applicant, or even due to errors committed by immigration officials.
An attorney can help you avoid common reasons for denial, such as:
- Incomplete forms (if certain questions don't apply in your case, you still need to print "N/A" or "none" as instructed on form)
- Poor quality photocopies
- Lack of certification of translation of a document in a foreign language
- Inconsistencies across your paperwork that can be perceived as deceit or fraud
- The USCIS lost documents or missed facts clearly stated in your application
Whatever the source of a mistake, an experienced immigration attorney can help you take the right steps to re-submit Form I-140 or to appeal the denial. Better yet, an attorney can help you from the very start of this legal process, helping you to get your Form I-140 accepted the first time around.
Make the Smart Choice.
Contact Attorney Widman Today!
Why Choose Our Immigration Attorney?
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- One-on-One Legal Service
- Careful & Effective Advocacy
- Highly Recommended by Former Clients
- Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law
Don't face this complex process alone! Call Attorney Timothy Widman's office at (408) 780-1684today to schedule a consultation.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”