TN NAFTA Professionals
NAFTA Professional Visa Lawyer in Cupertino
Get 20+ Years of Experience Behind Your Case
The nonimmigrant NAFTA Professional (TN) Visa allows citizens of Canada and Mexico to work in the United States in prearranged business activities, in increments of up to three years. Extensions can also be granted in increments up to three years. There is no limit to the number of times you can be granted TN status, as long as your stay is as a temporary nonimmigrant. You can find the legal guidance you need for obtaining or extending TN visa at the Law Offices of Timothy D. Widman.
Why Choose Our Cupertino Immigration Attorney?
- Perfect 10.0 Superb Avvo Rating
- One-on-One Legal Service
- Careful & Effective Advocacy
- Highly Recommended by Former Clients
- Devoted Exclusively to Immigration Law
How to Apply for a TN Visa
You can complete the online Visa application, Form DS-160. After completing the application, you must print the application form and bring it to your interview. You will also upload your photo during the online application process. After completing the online Visa application, you will need to schedule an interview. You will schedule your appointment at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country.
You could be eligible to work in the United States as a NAFTA professional if you meet the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of Canada or Mexico
- Your profession is on the North American Free Trade Agreement list
- The position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional
- You will work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job for an employer
- You have the qualifications (special requirements, education and/or experience) of the profession
Normally, these professions require a baccalaureate degree as an entry-level prerequisite. While a Canadian citizen without a TN visa can apply for TN nonimmigrant status at a U.S. port of entry, Mexican citizens must have a TN visa to request admission to the United States in this status.
Before your interview, you will need to pay the non-refundable visa application fee, and you will want to prepare the following documents:
- Your passport
- Your nonimmigrant visa application
- A printed photo in the proper format, if your photo upload failed
- A contract or letter of employment in the United States
- Your application fee payment receipt
- Documentation proving that you meet the minimum education/work experience requirements
Other Information You Should Know
If you have a spouse and minor children, they can apply for a TD Visa to accompany you to the United States.
Applications for extension of stay will be processed by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. You can either have your employer file a form at the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services office or if you are Canadian, you can return to Canada to re-apply at the port of entry (with the same documentation that granted you access in the first place).
How Timothy D. Widman Can Assist You
If you wish to apply for TN status, Attorney Widman has more than 20 years of legal experience assisting clients with a wide range of immigration and business needs. Attorney Widman can provide you with legal services in both English and Spanish and received a superb 10.0 rating on Avvo. At our immigration law office, we offer the trusted insight and dedicated service you need and deserve to make the TN visa application process go as smoothly as possible.
“He always responded quickly to emails and kept us in the loop and feeling like he was always there for us during the entire process.”
“His willingness to listen and communication skills are very great.”
“He is highly intelligent, meticulous, thorough, and best of all takes a very personal, involved, and caring approach when handling your case.”